Dr. John Happel | Aug 28, 2018 | 0
Who is the Best Varicose Vein Doctor in Pittsburgh?
No stockings, no veins, no problems.
Does the subtitle sound a little familiar?
Kenny Chesney might think so. Thanks for the poetic license.
Fortunately for you, the best varicose vein doctor and expert in Pittsburgh, John Happel MD, is now accepting new patients with problem varicose veins.
The bottom line is simply this. If you suffer from varicose veins, they are a big problem.
To be blunt, the answer is that the only alternative to definitive treatment is wearing support stockings.
No one wants to wear support stockings everyday like a granny. Even Jed Clampett’s feisty Granny would need her rhematiz medicine if she had to deal with them on a daily basis.
Sad but true story about vein stockings.
This story is all about not wanting to wear support stockings.
That’s O.K. Nobody wants to wear them. Nevertheless, this story is also about deceit. Finally, let’s spice it up with a little known insurance company rule. It is that you must try support stockings first.
A high-level executive from a well-known health insurance company came to see about his varicose veins.
He told me his family doctor said that I was the best varicose vein doctor in Pittsburgh.
He really wanted to get rid of his painful veins. I told him, “First, your own health insurance company always requires a three month trial of support stockings.
That means you have to try support stockings for three months before any kind of real treatment can begin.” (We all know this is a stupid rule.)
He gave me the same look that everyone gives me after I say this. He sighed and rolled his eyes. Then he winked and whispered, “I think we can make an exception in this case”.
Bottom line: What is good for the goose is not good for the gander! However, I really don’t blame him or anyone else who doesn’t want to wear them for three month before a real treatment. It is unnecessary. It doesn’t make sense.
Why do insurance companies demand that you try wearing support stockings first?
Have you ever wondered why?
Let’s take a closer look.
There is only one reason.
To save money.
How do they save money?
1. If they make you try stocking first for 3 months before they pay for real treatment, they hope that you’ll lose interest with expensive treatments. If your veins aren’t that bad, maybe you’ll just skip it. Stuff happens.
2. They save money.
3. Maybe you will move.
4. They save money.
5. Maybe you will change insurance companies. (That happens a lot lately)
6. They save money.
7. Maybe, God forbid, you might even die. (All together now…They save money)
The sad fact is that insurance companies have all the power. They make up the rules as they go along. The rules change constantly. In this case, this rule is not in your best interest. The stocking first rule is in their best financial interest.
Which then begs the question, what do the all best vein doctors who are authorities in the field say?
Current medical evidence does not support that you should try support stockings first. Quite to the contrary, there is strong medical proof that if you have varicose veins, you should just get them fixed first before you waste time wearing support stockings.
World-renowned vein experts recommend not screwing around with stockings first. Despite this consensus article, the world’s preeminent varicose vein experts are ignored.
How do you find the best varicose vein doctor?
- Your family doctor may only refer you to a vein doctor within their network. Read more about how referrals from your primary care doctor in Pittsburgh really work in this article.
- Research the vein doctor’s credentials on the internet.
- Research the vein doctor’s specialty. Did the doctor actually train in veins or something else?
- Research the vein center’s accreditation that the doctor runs. Is the vein center you choose even accredited? Please click here to find out: http://www.intersocietal.org/vein/main/facilities.htm
If all else fails, word of mouth is usually the best way to find the best varicose vein doctor.
Said no one ever:
- “I love putting on these heavy compression stockings on everyday”, said no one ever.
- “Thank God it’s Monday,” said no one ever.
- “The best varicose vein doctor just stripped my veins”, said no one ever.
- “You gave me too much change”, said no one ever.
- “I love the look of my varicose veins”, said no one ever.
- “Let me Bing that for you”, said no one ever.
- “I just love stink bugs”, said no one ever.
To “winterize” (or to summarize, depending on the season), no one wants to wear support stockings every day … forever. Everyone with varicose veins would rather just get rid of them.
My advice is to make sure that you choose the very best varicose vein doctor.
Not just the one who is closest to you or the one who advertises all of the time. That is just too lazy.
The average person spends two hours researching buying a flat screen TV and less than 30 minutes researching buying health insurance.
Alas, when choosing vein doctors many of us are “on island time”.
No worries. That’s just Irie, mon!
Choose your vein doctor very carefully. Do some serious research.
For those who don’t heed that advice, I guess I’ll probably see you when you get your recurrence…
What are you waiting for?
It’s time to bite the bullet and take action. You’ve put off treating your varicose veins too long.
Give it a whirl!
Find out how easy it is to get rid of them compared to the old stripping operation.
Remember, if you have big, bulging varicose veins, they will only get worse!