Spider Vein Removal
Spider veins can be treated a number of ways.
Varicose Vein Removal
Varicose veins affect over eight million adults in the United States alone.
Endovenous Laser Obliteration
Endovenous Laser Obliteration is a minimally invasive technique performed under local anesthesia.
Phlebectomy is very useful for treating the larger varicose veins that have been neglected for many years.
Sclerotherapy or injections of FDA approved medication is useful for both the larger varicose veins and the smaller spider veins.
Procedures performed at the Happel Laser & Vein Centre for abnormal varicose veins and spider veins include all of the latest FDA approved treatments.
Both laser and endovenous radiofrequency saphenous vein ablation procedures are performed in our accredited vein center. We were the first vein center to perform laser treatments for varicose veins in the city of Pittsburgh.
Varithena foam procedures for varicose veins was FDA approved and first performed in our city at the Happel Laser & Vein Centre.
The Happel Laser & Vein Centre was the first and only vein center to receive the Intersocietal Accreditation seal of approval for vein centers.
In fact, our vein center is the only vein facility in the city of Pittsburgh to be inspected!
Think of the following qualifications and experience when you choose a vein center:
- Has the vein center ever been inspected like a hospital inspection?
- Has the sterilization equipment been inspected and approved?
- Are there adequate emergency protocols and training of all of the staff in case of a life threatening emergency?
- Are all of the treatments and procedures FDA approved at other facilities?
- Have their lasers ever been inspected?
- Has the entire staff including the doctor met the necessary qualifications recommended by national credentialing bodies to perform safe and effective vein treatments?
- Are the continuing medical education requirements up to date?
- Are quality controls and quality improvement protocols in place?
You can rest assured that these strict requirements and regulatory requirements have been met at an IAC accredited vein center like ours.
Research the vein facility carefully before you walk in for your initial consultation.
- Beware of places that set up tents at sporting events, senior events and health fairs trolling for patients.
- Be very careful of vein offices that advertise that 95% of vein procedures are covered by insurance. That is not true!
- Be careful of vein chains and franchises.
- Be careful of vein places that offer free vein screenings. Does that make sense to you? Have you ever seen a neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon, urologist or gynecologist offer these kinds of free screenings to try to attract new patients?
- Beware of vein places that advertise and need to advertise to keep their doors open.
- Beware of vein centers where a doctor does not evaluate you before a vein procedure is planned and performed.
Vein treatment centers are sprouting up like mushrooms after a rain.
Not all vein centers are the same. Don’t just choose the vein office that is close by or advertises all of the time.
You can rest assured that the procedures recommended and performed at the Happel Laser & Vein Centre will be supervised, planned and performed by Dr. Happel.
Dr. Happel is a board certified vascular surgeon with over thirty years of experience treating venous disease and specializing in veins.
You will be in excellent hands because specialization, education, training and experience matters.